The Economist
Lexington
Wright's wrongs
May 1st 2008
From The Economist print edition
Will no one rid the airwaves of this turbulent priest?
I have not been good lately about keeping up with what's going on in the primaries. I was, of course, dissatisfied with Pennsylvania's results, but hope for better things from Indiana and more likely from North Carolina. I have heard all of the hubbub about Obama's priest, but did not know much about it until I read this. The last paragraph is particularly insightful. It talks about a generational struggle for leadership of the black politcal movement and contrasts the methods of Mr. Wright with those of his former parishioner. Let us hope that those calling for cooperation and unity are stronger than those seeking to maintain their status with divisive and hateful rantings.
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment