Thursday, March 19, 2009

Summer Plans

Alright, so today I got some good news.  I found out that I've been accepted to the GW/Oxford International Human Rights Law study abroad that will be in Oxford from mid-July to mid-August.  I've been interested in that program since before I began law school, so I'm pretty stoked about getting in.  GMU doesn't offer those classes and to be able to take them at Oxford.   With the caliber of people they have teach and lecture, I'm sure it will be fantastic.  They bring in people who are doing the real work out there in the various human rights tribunals.  I'm not sure who they have lined up for this summer, but I'm excited all the same.  Yes, Casey, I know you're rolling your eyes as you read this.  That's okay, because David Crane is my hero!  So there!   :)

What else am I doing this summer?  Glad you asked :)  First and foremost, I'm marrying Alexis.  I am counting the days, trust me.  We're going on a cruise for the honeymoon the following week.  I've never been on one, Lex has, and we're both so excited!!  After that, we'll get back and try to find some sort of rhythm.  We're looking at apartments in Alexandria and will likely be in the Mount Vernon Stake.  I've got an unpaid internship lined up at the Potomac Legal Aid Society.  My understanding is that will be part-time.  I'm also talking to a local firm that primarily works with Eastern European clients.  I hope they take me on for a part-time (paid) internship.  We'll see.  Other than that, the plan is to spend as much time as possible with my lovely wife.  :D

No comments: