Thursday, April 16, 2009

Things I like about Virginia, Ch. 1

1. Alexis (yup, she's here and it's a better place because she graces it with her presence)

The rest are in no particular order.

2. Trees (I come from Colorado, Utah, and Arizona....I thought I knew what trees were before I moved out here. I was wrong. I love how the trees out here flower before they get their leaves. The fall is just beautiful. )
3. Richmond (We just took a trip down there. For more on our adventures, see Lex's blog)
4. History (I love how central Virginia was to the Founding of the US. I've got a class right now on the Founders' Constitution. It's wonderful learning of those who lived here and their efforts to create a good system of government. It's even better to just drive around and see how many places there are where that history happened. I need to go exploring this summer and see more of it)
5. Virginia really is for lovers!! (Hahaha, that's right I'm being sappy again. But its true, this is where I met Lex and fell for her. :D )
6. The Red Wings never come here :D (This is to redeem myself for number 5. :P )

2 comments:

Lex said...

The only reason the Red Wings don't play in VA is because there is no pro-hockey team in VA.

Casey said...

Wait, you forgot to mention that you love Virginia because WE are here, too. Right after Alexis. :)

Hope studying for exams and planning a wedding aren't driving you crazy.