NY Times Editorial
Primary Choices: Hillary Clinton
Published: January 25, 2008
The Times’s editorial board strongly recommends that Democrats select Hillary Clinton as their nominee for the 2008 presidential election.
Overall, this editorial is a glowing endorsement for a woman I used to hate. I could go along with most of the things said in the article. That said, I would like to see what exactly they are basing their opinion on. If you had asked me a couple of weeks ago if I would vote for Senator Clinton, I would have vehemently opposed even the suggestion. However, I'm beginning to buy into the rhetoric about her experience and ideas to move America forward. I voted for Bush, but I don't believe that he has the best ideas or that he really understands the sphere in which he operates and makes decisions. I loathe the thought of Bill Clinton ever approaching the White House again even as the spouse of the President. Most of the things in the article I could tolerate, but Hillary has yet to prove that she can be a "strong commander in chief." Her emotional collapse in front of the media before the New Hampshire primary did not help her case.
As for Obama, he's still an unknown quantity to me. I need to learn more about him.
Friday, January 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Nice to see you in the blogosphere. I used to say that I would vote for Hillary if she had the nomination. As of this past week, I don't think I could. I may have to abstain from voting in November if she's the nominee.
As for Barack, sure he's green, but he give me hope that we can move forward, together, united as a country. That won't happen with Hillary.
Your analysis of their glowing review is on the mark. Reading both the Hillary & McCain endorsements reflect their liberal view and positions. It's very obvious.
Just think a female president who has never run a business, a state. A vote for Hillary is a vote for Billary. A third term. If you question that just listen to Hillary and Bill Clinton speeches.
If that happens get read for more debt for America, more taxes, more government, more spending.
Heaven help us. Along with some informed voters.
Hmmmm- if we had two terms for Billary already, then during those terms, we had
1. A DECREASE in govt.
2. LESS debt.
3. A BALANCED budget
4. The greatest economic growth period the country has ever known.
yes- Heaven help us indeed. How could we stand it?
The Congressional Budget Office, Government Accounting Office (GAO), Cato.org and other research companies take exception with all four of your assertions.
Non-partisan, independent research companies as well and their are many of them support also take exception. Primarily the liberal media agree with your assertions but cite no facts or the real causes.
Post a Comment